Search This Blog

Thursday, October 1, 2009

ROTTEN Hall Children!

So as many my know my wife and I are expecting our first child (we want five, by the way). We were coming back from dinner and were talking about college, Latter-day Saint missions, cars, weddings, etc. We wanted to do the numbers and see exactly how much these kids would cost us and here is what we came up with:

NOTE: I did what I called the "WORST CASE SCENARIO", meaning this is what I would love to be able to provide for ALL my kids. So some may look at this and laugh, saying, "Wishful thinking!" Again, "WORST CASE SCENARIO" if I could provide everything they need when they "come of age."

A SINGLE HALL BOY
First Car - $2,000
Mission - $15,000 (two years + suits + passports + etc.)
College - $50,000 ($12,500/year for four years)
Wedding - $1,500

Total - $68,500

Now we included a "wedding fund" for a boy because we still have to buy stuff for The Groom's Dinner, tuxedos, etc. so we wanted to prepare ahead.

A SINGLE HALL GIRL
First Car - $2,000
Mission - $15,000 (If she decides to go on one : two years + dresses + passports + etc.)
College - $50,000 ($12,500/year for four years)
Wedding - $5,000 (Anything more she is paying!)

Total - $72,000

IF we had FIVE BOYS and NO GIRLS: $342,500
IF we had FIVE GIRLS and NO BOYS: $360,000

Let me say one thing: THESE KIDS ARE GOING TO BE SPOILED IF I CAN AFFORD THAT MUCH! THAT IS A DANG NICE HOUSE! THEY BETTER EARN IT!

Am I going to give handouts to my kids? Nope, not at all. They are going to work, help pay for their missions, cars, etc. Do I want to be able to help them out? I sure do.

WOW! $343k to $3460?!?! Wow! They better be worth it in the end! Well... I know they are. :D

And as my wife just said, "You'd better get a pretty dang good job." Well, I'm working on that as well. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to be civil. You have the First Amendment, but LER has the 'delete' button. Any cursing, swearing, or the like will be deleted. Any personal attacks will be dealt with on a case by case. Please keep it civil and on topic.